- Measures humidity at temperatures up to 180 °C (356 °F)
- Wide dew point measurement range -40 ... +100 °C (-40 ... +212 °F) Td
- Dew point measurement accuracy up to ± 2 °C ( ± 3.6 °F)
- Temperature accuracy up to 0.1 °C (0.18 °F)
- Sensor purge provides superior chemical resistance
- Withstands condensation, oils, dust and most chemicals
- Modbus RTU over RS-485 for flexible connectivity
- Compatible with Indigo series transmitters
- Includes traceable three-point calibration certificate
- Long (two year) calibration interval for easy maintenance
Measure dew point directly in hot processes
DMP5 is built for in-line dew point measurement in hot processes, where dew point can reach levels from -40°C (-40°F) all the way up to 100°C (212°F). The probe measures dew point with ± 2°C accuracy at temperatures of up to 140°C (284°F), but it can operate safely at temperatures up to 180°C (+365°F).
Installation is simple, as the probe can be installed directly in the process. With in-line measurement, there is no need for a sampling system or sample line trace heating.
Vaisala DRYCAP® Sensor for accurate and reliable measurements
The Vaisala DRYCAP® sensor is accurate, reliable, and stable. It is condensation-resistant and immune to particulate contamination, oil vapor, and most chemicals. Sensor warming minimizes the risk of condensation accumulating on the sensor. If the DRYCAP® sensor does get wet, it dries rapidly and recovers. The unique auto-calibration functionality ensures accurate and stable measurement.
The chemical purge function periodically heats the sensor to remove harmful chemicals. This helps to maintain measurement accuracy between calibration intervals in environments with high concentrations of chemicals and cleaning agents.
Use standalone or with an Indigo Transmitter
DMP5 is part of the Vaisala Indigo family, so it can also be used with Vaisala Indigo series transmitters. The transmitters offer various additional benefits such as a display for data visualization, easy access to probe configuration, and more extensive options for automation system connectivity, supply voltage, and wiring.
The built-in Modbus RTU over RS-485 output means that the DMP5 can be used as a standalone device and can also be easily integrated into third-party systems.
Whether using the DMP5 on its own or with an Indigo transmitter, it can be connected to the Vaisala Insight PC software for easy field calibration, probe configuration, and device analytics.